Up to 45 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
1) M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) - 2013
2) Rutgers University - New Brunswick, NJ, 2005 - 2009
B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)
Major: Biological Sciences
Summa Cum Laude
Experience1) Montville Township High School - Montville, NJ - French, Math, Standardized Test Prep (SAT/ACT), and Science Tutor (2002-2005)
2) Rutgers University - New Brunswick, NJ - Math/Science/Standardized Test Prep (SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT/GED/MCAT) Tutor (2005-2009)
3) UMDNJ - Mathematics/Science/(SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT/GED/MCAT) Tutor (2011-2013)
4) SAT Mathematics - 800/800,
AP Calculus AB, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics B and C - 5/5 on AP Exam
5) I have taken:
a)High school Precalculus, AP Calculus AB/Biology/Chemistry/Physics B and C,
b)Undergraduate - Inorganic/Organic Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Biology, Physics, 6 Psychology classes, Statistics, Religion, Philosophy, Expository/Creative Writing,
c) Medical College - Anatomy/Physiology, Pathology, Pathophysiology, Genetics, Zoology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology
6) HONORS / AWARDS
Undergraduate Departmental Honors Thesis in Spring 2009
• Highest Honors for Research in Biological Sciences
• Rutgers Dean List – Fall 2005 to Spring 2009
• Rutgers College Honors List
• Waksman Undergraduate Research Fellowship (W.U.R.F.) 2009
• Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (S.U.R.F.) 2008
• Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (S.U.R.F.) 2007
• Aresty Summer Science Research Program Fellowship 2006
Thesis Project: Mapping of Genes Involved in the TGF-β Signaling Pathway in C. elegans. Worked as a Cancer Research Fellow with Dr. Richard W. Padgett at the Waksman Institute of Microbiology.
• Investigated the Transforming Growth Factor - (TGF-) Signaling Pathway using Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system.
• Mapped sma-14 and sma-20 genes; determined the limits of TGF- Signaling on body size.
• SNP mapped sma-14 off of LG X using the genetic markers unc-1 and unc-3; mapped sma-14 to LG II based on the low recombination rate with unc-4, an autosomal marker.
• Mapped sma-20 approximately 12 map units away from unc-32 and unc-45; mapped sma-20 to LG I based on the low recombination rate with unc-13, an autosomal marker; sma-20 was SNP mapped to the right arm of LG I using unc-13; sma-20 was mapped between 27 and 30 map units on LG I using the genetic markers unc-101, unc-73, and unc-13.
• Constructed a quadruple lon mutant using ctIs-40 which is a dbl-1 over expressing transgene, lon-1, lon-2, and lon-3; undertook this project to quantify body size and see whether such a lon mutant is longer than either single mutant.
• Continued to investigate the TGF- Signaling Pathway and worked with Professor Padgett during the Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, and Spring 2009 semesters by registering for credits for Independent Undergraduate Research.
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS / SEMINARS
• Undergraduate Department Honors Thesis – Published in the Rutgers University Library (Summer 2009)
• Honors Thesis Defense (Spring 2009 – Waksman Institute of Microbiology)
• Fifth Annual Aresty Research Symposium (Spring 2009)
• Fourth Annual Aresty Research Symposium (Spring 2008)
• Third Annual Aresty Research Symposium (Spring 2007)
• First Annual Dean’s Day of Learning in the Arts and Sciences (Spring 2007)
• Aresty Summer Science Poster Presentation (Summer 2006)
EMPLOYMENT / WORK EXPERIENCE
Oncology/Hematology Medical Office - Jersey City, NJ
• Worked as a technician in training
• Gained cancer related clinical experience
• Observed cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and also several patients treated with newer and more targeted therapies such as ‘Gleevic’ for leukemia and ‘Herceptil’ for breast cancer
First Aid Squad, EMT - Montville Township, NJ
• CPR certified and a junior cadet of the First Aid Squad in Montville Township
St. Clare’s Hospital, Volunteer & Physician Shadowing - Denville, NJ
• Shadowed Dr. Edward Solomon in the Radiology Department
• Examined mammograms and radiograms of different parts of the body
• Learned how to diagnose patients with different cancers, strokes, pancreatitis, kidney stones, cysts, stones in the gall bladder, calcification, fractures, strains, pneumonia, tuberculosis, & dislocation of the aortic arch
• Examined Dr. Solomon do a biopsy of a patient as he removed abnormal fluid from the stomach
• Learned about the work in the microbiology lab, hematology lab, immunology/serology lab, and blood bank
• Filed paperwork, arranged medical records and charts and organized QAQC (Quest Assurance Quality Control)
• Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
• Red Cross
• American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
• American Medical Students Association (AMSA)
• Rutgers College Honors Program
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars
• Physicians’ Wellness Initiative (PWI)
HobbiesI am a student doctor and my passion is to pursue a medical career in the field of cancer. I have done extensive cancer research including a thesis that I defended as an undergraduate. I pursued medicine to become a doctor partly because the term doctor stems from the latin term "docteur" meaning to teach. I have a passion for teaching, inspiring, motivating students to successfully allow them to pursue their career, academic, personal goals in life. Apart from teaching and studying, I love a whole range of sports to keep myself active; I love tennis, motorsport racing, football, soccer, badminton, working out at the gym, running, walking, jogging, and spending time with family and friends.
Prealgebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Precalculus, Trigonometry, Calculus I, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, undergraduate General Biology, General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, General Physics, medical college level Anatomy and Physiology, Pathophysiology, Pathology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics for SAT/GMAT/GRE/GED/ACT, TOEFL, French, History - U.S./World/European, Social Studies, Geography, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Earth Science, MCAT, Kindergarten - Medical College, Study Skills, Writing, Philosophy, Organization, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.